Vin lookup and antique and motorcycle

You will need your current RI drivers license, insurance information, a copy of the death certificate and proof or ownership of the vehicle - title if the vehicle is or newer, or registration certificate if the vehicle is a or older. Otherwise, you will need the previous registration. If the title is from out of state, you will also need a VIN check at your local police department. Your current RI license and insurance information will be needed at the time of registration. Gifts from immediate family members are considered sales tax exempt.

Immediate family members are limited to mother, father, sister, brother, son, or daughter, including step family relationships. If you have received a gift from a family member who is not considered immediate family, the gift letter will need to be notarized and you will be required to sign a Gift Affidavit. First, you must obtain a police report stating that both plates were stolen.

If the vehicle is leased, then you must also provide a Power of Attorney from the leasing company authorizing you to change the plates. If you wish, you may request that the original set be remade. These will be reissued to you after the mandatory day waiting period, or about three months. You should call the DMV for a renewal form to be mailed to you or report to any DMV branch location to fill out a registration renewal form.

This form, complete with your insurance information and together with a check for the correct amount made out to Division of Motor Vehicles or DMV, should then be placed in the renewal drop box. If the registration is expired by more than 90 days, you may have to re-register the car: bring your identification as well as your old registration and insurance information to the branch to fill out the necessary forms. Go to any DMV branch location and present your title and your registration.

If you do not have the title, the registration alone will suffice. A copy of the previous owner's registration is acceptable. If you do not have proof of the previous owner's registration, proof can be obtained at any DMV providing the last registered owner is the person's name on your bill of sales. Proof of residency should accompany these documents. Disability parking permits are issued to any individual who for a medical reason has limited mobility. A permit is issued to an individual, not to a vehicle.

This allows the disabled person to be transported in any vehicle and to use disabled parking, as long as the person has the permit and the blue placard in their possession. An application will be sent to you. You may also pick one up in person, or download the form on the Documents and Forms page of this website.

VIN and Information Label Locations

Once the form has been completed and signed by you and your physician, the application will be reviewed. If your application is approved , DMV will notify you by mail. First, you must show one identity document, such as a birth certificate, valid U.

In addition, you must provide a Social Security card. Last, you must be able to prove residency - that you are a resident of the State of Rhode Island.

Decoding and Understanding Vehicle Identification Numbers / VIN's

You may not have a valid drivers license in Rhode Island or in any other state in order to be eligible for an ID card. DMV feedback Home. Adjudication Office. Commercial Driver License Medical Certificate.

Who Made My Bike [DOT] com - The free VIN Lookup Service

Licensed Dealership Listing. Frequently Asked Questions Q. How do I get a copy of my driving record? Do I need insurance? I renewed my license at a DMV branch, and have not yet received it in the mail. What should I do? How do I order a vanity plate?


Can I order a vanity plate for my motorcycle? What forms of payment do you accept? Where do I go? What should I do if I did not receive a license renewal form in the mail? What do I need to do if I am moving out of RI? I've moved and need to change my address with the DMV. What forms do I need? What do I need to do if I have changed my name? You must change your name on your license, registration, and title. On your license , you must first have your name changed with the Social Security Administration. Please note: there is a 24 hour waiting period for the Social Security information to be updated.

Sponsored Posts

You should then go to one of the DMV locations with your new Social Security card and legal document showing the new name and the DMV will present you with a new license. On your registration , you must go to one of the DMV locations with your new license, the temporary license with your new name will suffice your title, your legal document, and proof of insurance.

You will be asked to fill out the TR-1 form. On your title , if the title is in your possession, sign the title over to yourself by signing your former name on the back of the title as "seller". Then sign your new name as "buyer". If the title is not in your possession, call the title office.

I've changed the color of my car. Is there anything I need to do? What do I need to do if I am selling my car? What do I need to do if I am buying a used car? I just purchased a vehicle. Do you issue temporary plates?

Search form

What do I need to do if I am buying a new car? I just moved to Rhode Island from another state - how do I register my vehicle? I lost one of my plates - what do I do?

  • jacksonville fl white pages phone book.
  • where can i find the t mobile sidekick 2.
  • mclennan county texas marriage records online!

How do I register the vehicle in my name? I does seem to suggest that the bike you're looking at is indeed a bike. Unique Machines. Unique People. A Unique Club. All rights reserved. Please read our terms and conditions for use of this website — when you choose to participate here you are bound by them. Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

For any questions or comments about the web site, the club forum or the club itself, please feel free to contact us. Posts: 1.

Motorcycle Frame and Engine Numbers

Thanks, Scott. Posts: VIN Number Check. Kurt in S. Comment viewing options Flat list - collapsed Flat list - expanded Threaded list - collapsed Threaded list - expanded.